How to apply – University of Copenhagen

Forward this page to a friend Resize Print Bookmark and Share

Department of Psychology > International students > Prospective Students > How to apply

Exchange students


The Department of Psychology has a number of exchange agreements with European Universities:

  • AUSTRIA Sigmund Freud University
  • AUSTRIA Universität Wien
  • BELGIUM KU Leuven
  • BELGIUM Ghent University
  • FRANCE Diderot Paris
  • GERMANY Freie Universität Berlin
  • GERMANY Humboldt Universität Berlin
  • HUNGARY Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem ELTE
  • IRELAND University of Limerick
  • MALTA University of Malta
  • THE NETHERLANDS Universiteit van Amsterdam
  • THE NETHERLANDS Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
  • NORWAY Universitetet i Bergen
  • SPAIN Universitat de Barcelona
  • SWITZERLAND Université de Neuchâtel
  • UK University of Edinburgh
  • UK Queens University Belfast
  • UK University of Southampton
  • UK University of Greenwich

Applications for these agreements are handled by your home university. If your home university is on the list and you want to apply, please contact the international coordinator or the student advisors at your home university.

If your university is not on the list, you may contact your international coordinator to find out if any new agreements are in the making.


Read about the Nordplus network on Psychology under Information for Scandinavian Students.

Bilateral exchange programmes

If you are not applying through Erasmus or Nordplus, you will have to check with your home university whether a formal exchange agreement exists. If it does, you will have to apply through your home university. You can read more about the process at the website of the International Office at Copenhagen University.

Guest students

If your home university does not have a formal exchange agreement with the University of Copenhagen, you can apply for admission as a guest student. Note that guest students are required to pay tuition fees to the University of Copenhagen. You can read more about the process at the website of the International Office at Copenhagen University.

Full degree

The Department of Psychology does not offer full degrees in English. If you wish to do a Bachelordegree or Master degree in Psychology at the University of Copenhagen, you need to be fluent in oral and written Danish. Students from Scandinavia who are fluent in Swedish/Norwegian can read more about the language requirements under Information for Scandinavian Students.

If you hold a Bachelor's degree in psychology from a foreign university and wish to apply for our Danish Master's programme, please read about the admission guidelines in Danish under Ansøgere med anden bacheloruddannelse