KUnet and Absalon
As a student at University of Copenhagen one of your main tools is the intranet KUnet. To gain access to KUnet you must activate your UCPH Username, consisting of 3 letters and a three-digit number (e.g. bcd123). Your UCPH Username is the key to information on academic and administrative procedures during your stay at the university. Through KUnet you get access to:
- KUmail (Alumni-mail)
Absalon is the virtual learning environment at the University of Copenhagen. It is a tool used for communication between teaching staff and students. It is usually the place to find up-to-date information about courses, find course curricula, course plans and other materials related to your courses. For some courses Absalon is also used for online submission of written course work and exam papers.
You will get access to a course in Absalon when you have been assigned to a class. If you can not see yuor course, write us at email@example.com.
If you want your personal timetable on your smartphone read these instructions.
Absalon in English
Everything in Absalon is in Danish, how do I change the language?
- Click Mine Indstillinger in the top right menu of your Absalon main page.
- Click Tilpas it's learning
- Choose your preferred language in the first roll-down menu from the top (vælg sprog)
- Click Gem
SMS service in Absalon
How do I activate the SMS-function in Absalon?
You can be notified directly by SMS from Absalon if your teacher for example notifies cancellation or relocation of teaching.
- Click the "Self Service" tab
- Click "Mine data" in the menu on the left. These settings are in danish
- Click "SMS og Telefon" in the left menu
- Type in/update your mobile number and click "Tilvælg SMS"
- Now click on the "Home" tab and log on to Absalon
- Click "My settings"
- Click "Change details" and make sure your phone number is typed in and click "Save". Within 24 hours you should recieve a code on your phone
- When you have recieved the code Click "My settings"
- Click "Alerts"
- Type in the code in the text box
- Now choose "activate" SMS and/or e-mail
- Choose which alerts you want to recieve on your phone